[mythtv-users] Frontend problem on new Macbook Air

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 17 14:07:57 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 09:44 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 17 June 2013 21:54, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Though I'll admit I didn't read the whole thread, it sounded like you were
>> saying something about the Qt-based (versus mythui) screens (including the
>> Schema Wizard upgrade popups) not working properly on the Mac client, so
>> it's quite possible that we always get the "Exit" response on the Mac client
>> or something.
> The message tells you to use mythtv-setup to upgrade the schema. With
> an OK button.
> After that it just exit.
>
> But yes, when using OpenGL painter (the default on mac), that screen
> doesn't appear and stay blank.
>
> I've just fixed it, starting with Qt painter first, and re-init to use
> the OpenGL painter to display the main menu.
>
> Now the screens at startup appear, and TV playback works...

Ah, OK.  I saw that it was trying to upgrade the Music schema, but
didn't realize the TV schema hadn't been updated.  And, yeah, since you
need to upgrade the TV schema to run the backend, that will have to be
done.  Since it won't try to update the plugin schemas until the TV
schema is correct, there was more going on that I had missed in the thread.

Mike