[mythtv-users] Frontend problem on new Macbook Air

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 13:44:34 UTC 2013

On 17 June 2013 21:54, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Though I'll admit I didn't read the whole thread, it sounded like you were
> saying something about the Qt-based (versus mythui) screens (including the
> Schema Wizard upgrade popups) not working properly on the Mac client, so
> it's quite possible that we always get the "Exit" response on the Mac client
> or something.

The message tells you to use mythtv-setup to upgrade the schema. With
an OK button.
After that it just exit.

But yes, when using OpenGL painter (the default on mac), that screen
doesn't appear and stay blank.

I've just fixed it, starting with Qt painter first, and re-init to use
the OpenGL painter to display the main menu.

Now the screens at startup appear, and TV playback works...