[mythtv-users] livetv choppy DVB-S1/2 (player waited x ms for video buffers)

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Fri Aug 23 16:54:47 UTC 2013

Stefan Pappalardo wrote:
> In my opinion it is not a practical workaround for everyday tv looking
> and zapping for the hole family.

There's no need to zap if you really USE MythTV. You record what you
WANT to watch and watch it WHEN you have time. The only TV I watch LIVE
is "Breakfast TV" in the morning, so this "bug" doesn't bother me really.

If you know that MythTV records everything to HD (even LiveTV) and plays
it back from there, then you understand that it will take some time from
the moment you change the channel to the moment MythTV plays back the
recording.

If your "everyday tv looking" habit is zapping, then MythTV might not be
the right tool for you. Let your family use the TV's built-in tuner if
they want to zap...