[mythtv-users] livetv choppy DVB-S1/2 (player waited x ms for video buffers)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Aug 23 17:38:30 UTC 2013

On 23/08/13 17:25, Stefan Pappalardo wrote:
> Hello jyvenard,
>
> yes I tried you workaround. And yes it works. But did you try it yourself?
>
> In my opinion it is not a practical workaround for everyday tv looking
> and zapping for the hole family.
>
> But how do you know that it is a bug? Is it already reported somewhwere?
> (I searched the internet for hours, not finding the same error again.)

See this thread, from last year.  There are a few suggestions for
simplifying the workaround, although they may be outdated now. As
suggested elsewhere, if your family really wants to zap around, the TV
tuner is a better option.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/520090#520090

By the way, most MythTV bugs get fixed quickly; quite a lot by JYA :-)