[mythtv-users] Mythweb Database Tab Hangs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 22 15:56:37 UTC 2013

On 08/22/2013 11:51 AM, Kris B. wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Kris B.<krisbee at krisbee.com>  wrote:
>>>   Or should I just not worry about it?  Everything else works perfectly,
>>>   just this thing - and since the cron.weekly job repairs and compacts,
>>>   is it just OCD taking over with me obsessing?
>> As Michael said, it is doing a table check.  If your database is
>> not optimally configured(*), or your system is old/slow/resource
>> constrained, this can take some time.  My guess is that if you
>> were a bit more patient the page would eventually respond.
>>
>> Gary
> Thanks Gary for the response (I never saw Michael's response, and it
> isn't in my Spam folder... hmmm.)
>
> Brand new quad core machine with 4gb of ram.  I waited around 1 minute
> or so (multiple tries).  However, I did think to myself yesterday, I
> really need to do the sqloptimize.pl and get that thing humming, so I
> will do that next, and also wait for five minutes and see if it ever
> responds.

If you haven't been doing regular runs of optimize_mythdb.pl or similar
(which, btw, is not the same as--and I'm assuming /very/ different
from--sqloptimize.pl), it could well take much longer than 5 minutes.

Just set up a browser window that's attempting to get to the page and
let it run until you see it.  Or, better yet, run optimize_mythdb.pl in
a console and let it run to completion.

Mike