[mythtv-users] Mythweb Database Tab Hangs

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Aug 22 15:51:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Kris B. <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:
> >  Or should I just not worry about it?  Everything else works perfectly,
> >  just this thing - and since the cron.weekly job repairs and compacts,
> >  is it just OCD taking over with me obsessing?
>
> As Michael said, it is doing a table check.  If your database is
> not optimally configured(*), or your system is old/slow/resource
> constrained, this can take some time.  My guess is that if you
> were a bit more patient the page would eventually respond.
>
> Gary

Thanks Gary for the response (I never saw Michael's response, and it
isn't in my Spam folder... hmmm.)

Brand new quad core machine with 4gb of ram.  I waited around 1 minute
or so (multiple tries).  However, I did think to myself yesterday, I
really need to do the sqloptimize.pl and get that thing humming, so I
will do that next, and also wait for five minutes and see if it ever
responds.

I will check gossmer threads for Mike's response so I can read it.

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com