[mythtv-users] How to remove all files from "deleted recordings" group?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 18:35:28 UTC 2013

> Strange.  I checked mine, and it is a 0 as you mentioned.  though I
> deleted about 300 recordings via mythweb over an hour ago, and they are
> still not gone.  No files deleted I mean.
>
> Anyway to disable this?
> Where is the retain deleted recordings setting?
>
> Anyway to manually force this?

This one threw me off at first.  In my case I have that set to zero (in
Setup->TV Settings->General auto-expire, Deleted Max Age) and found that it
does in fact delete them within 15 minutes or so.  Not sure why that
wouldn't work for you.

I think you can force deletion manually with:

/usr/share/mythtv/contrib/maintenance/flush_deleted_recgroup.pl

...on the backend.

Tom