[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.24.2 and va-api with mplayer

gacmb5 gacmb5 gacmb5 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:44:27 UTC 2012

> What kind of tuners are you using?
>
> There is a solution for DVB-C, DVB-S and DVB-T that allows eight
> tuners to be connected through one PCIe slot.
> There is even a mini-PCIe version available.
> Of course you need have to have space for the tuner cards in your box.

Currently I'm using three external USBPVR2 PAL tuners from Hauppauge,
but I want to replace them (for now) with my old PCI tuners (PVR500
and PVR350 from Hauppauge). In the near future I want to replace the
PAL tuners with new HD tuners (for example Terratec Synergy which work
with my local cable TV) or DVB-S tuners.

Space is no issue (I have to buy a new case anyway). I'm very
interested in the PCIe to connect eight tuners. Can you provide some
more details? Thanks.