[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.24.2 and va-api with mplayer

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Thu Mar 1 13:13:42 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
On 1. mars 2012 1:44 gacmb5 gacmb5 wrote:

> What kind of tuners are you using?
>
> There is a solution for DVB-C, DVB-S and DVB-T that allows eight
> tuners to be connected through one PCIe slot.
> There is even a mini-PCIe version available.
> Of course you need have to have space for the tuner cards in your box.

Currently I'm using three external USBPVR2 PAL tuners from Hauppauge, but I want to replace them (for now) with my old PCI tuners (PVR500 and PVR350 from Hauppauge). In the near future I want to replace the PAL tuners with new HD tuners (for example Terratec Synergy which work with my local cable TV) or DVB-S tuners.

Space is no issue (I have to buy a new case anyway). I'm very interested in the PCIe to connect eight tuners. Can you provide some more details? Thanks.