[mythtv-users] Problem configuring new channels

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 17:36:27 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just moved and changed my service from Comcast local digital to the FIOS local digital. I am trying to configure the new channels and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good way to do it. It always seems to be such a pain.  I downloaded the new schedule from schedulesdirect (which Im not 100% sure is correct BTW), then I scanned for channels with the "cable" channel frequency and "unencrypted" and "test decryptability" checked.  The scanner seems to have found a bunch of channels maybe about a 100 or so, but many of them are just black and some throw an "error opening jump program file buffer" error message. I can't tell for certain but it seems like I am not able to tune any of the local HD channels (eg 7_1, 5_1, 2_1, etc.) which I should be able to get, but I am able to tune a bunch of SD channels. Am I doing something wrong?  I seem to remember using Scte65scan in the past, but its been so long and I haven't tried it again.

When I plugged the coax directly into my TV, the TV itself seemed to have a much easier time finding the proper channels including the local HD ones. Why is it to hard with my WinTV-1250?  :)

Thanks,