[mythtv-users] Exporting Recordings to Videos

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Jul 28 16:13:25 UTC 2012

On 26/07/2012 21:26, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
> Hi Paul
>
> Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> writes:
>
>> Could be because you have an empty cut list. I've never tried it like
>> that myself. Usually my transcodes are in perfect sync, although I
>> have had just one or two that were miles out. The out of sync ones
>> were always with SD recordings, never HD.
>
> No, that was not the reason. I've just finished a new run of the script
> with a brand new recording and a cutlist. It's out of sync again. It
> must have to do with my setup. I guess that ffmpeg is not working
> properly. I will make some tests with ffmpeg alone.

I'd bet it was mythtranscode having problems with your particular
recordings. With no change in ffmpeg version, I've had perfect sync
with all h264 recordings and the odd wildly wrong bad sync with
a few mpeg recordings. Although of course possible, I doubt that
it was ffmpeg that was at fault.

Cheers,
	Paul.