[mythtv-users] Reliable channel changes on Dish network VIP 211k

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Wed Feb 22 08:00:28 UTC 2012

On 2/21/12 3:39 PM, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to get my Dish network vip 211k receivers working
> well under mythtv for a while and I have not been very successful.
>
> I have two receivers connected using HDPVRs.  For the lirc blaster, I am
> using the commandir III.  Each receiver is programmed to a different
> remote code (1 and 3).
>
> I am using the channel change script and lircd.conf file from
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DISHNetworkLIRCConfiguration
>

> The problem is that roughly 1 out of every 5 channel changes doesn't
> select the right channel.  Either the channel doesn't change or it goes
> to the wrong channel
>
> I have tried changing the sleep time value, adding various sleeps, etc
> with almost not impact to whether I get the right channels.
>
> I am really not sure what else to try so I am hoping someone out there
> has some suggestions of things to try.  I am more than happy to provide
> any logs or other data to help resolve the issue.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions?

Years ago I had lots of issues getting my Dish receiver working and
after lots of trial and error I ran across an older lirc configuration
that used the raw codes.  I am still using this configuration today on
my Mythbuntu 11.10 system with MythTV 0.25.  I have no idea if this will
help you at all but maybe it's something to try.  This will probably not
work on a 64bit system unless something has changed in the past 4 years
with lirc and the way it supports 64bit kernels.  My howto can be found
here:

http://notepad.bobkmertz.com/2007/11/pvr150-with-set-top-box-knoppmyth.html