[mythtv-users] HD-PVR internal of external IR blaster?

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Fri Dec 14 05:17:00 UTC 2012

For the last few years I've been using one of the 2 IR blaster ports on my MCE USB IR receiver/transmitter to change channels on my cable box for my HD-PVR. Is there any advantage to switching over to using the built in blaster in the HD-PVR instead? For example better channel changing in live TV because the HD-PVR is aware of the channel change etc? I've never had any issues with the current blaster but I just bought a 2nd HD-PVR and I'm concerned about the /dev/videoX ordering matching up with the blasters in cases where I unplug the USB cables for whatever reason.