[mythtv-users] Can't delete from python userjob in 0.26

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:48:04 UTC 2012

On Thursday, December 13, 2012, wrote:

> Quoting Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com>:
>
>  Tim and Bill,
>>     I wrote a python script called Lossless Cut and it uses the python
>> recorded delete method that Tim reported as not working under v0.26. I also
>> have had users who report the same issue that the delete never happens.
>>
>> I could reproduce the issue in a v0.26 VM test environment but not in my
>> v0.26 production environment. I even had the dev who supports the python
>> bindings try that delete method but it worked fine for him. I had suspect
>> that day light savings may be involved but that idea never came to
>> anything. I even tested deleting recordings which were made under v0.25 and
>> those recorded after I upgraded to v0.26 but they all were deleted as
>> expected.
>>
>> Unfortunately unless there is a way to reproduce the issue with the right
>> combination of data, this bug will likely be illusive to resolve.
>>
>> Just my two cents.
>>
>> Doug
>>

> I've had a bit of time between contracts and I've upgraded my OS from
> Debian Squeeze(i386) to Debian Wheezy(amd64). I've built MythTV from the
> exact same GIT checkout for both systems and the problem has gone away! It
> must be down to some python or system library issue and not MythTV. I'm
> pretty sure it's not the daylight savings because I'm in the UK and we
> don't have any daylight at the moment :-(
>
> Cheers,
> Tim.

 I've not had a chance to look at this much but I'm one of the people who
has been having problems.  I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 but will need to check
python etc versions. What python versions are working for people.?

Or another way to ask a similar question is does deleting work for anyone
running Ubuntu 12.04

Cheers
Stephen