[mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 14:38:09 UTC 2012

I have just read that Sky have released an iPad app that allows one to control (change channels, pause, rewind etc) a Sky+HD box.

Is there anyone clever enough to work out the protocol and commands that are used by the app so that a linux command line tool could be developed and used by mythtv to control the sky box? For me this would be great as it would reduce my reliance on a remote wireless IR transmitter. It might even be possible to interrogate the Sky+ listings, thus reducing the need to use xmltv.

Before anyone says why don't I do it myself - I'm not clever enough!

Regards,

Dave