[mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Aug 16 20:13:59 UTC 2012

On 8/16/2012 10:38, Dave Pearson wrote:
> Before anyone says why don't I do it myself - I'm not clever enough!

Sure you are, you just don't know you are. Grab a copy of wireshark or
tcpdump and have at it. Just start it up, and record the communications
between the iPad and the STB as you perform various actions. The only
real difficulty would be if they decided it was necessary to perform
some kind of authentication between the STB and application, or worse,
encrypted the communication.