[mythtv-users] 0.25.2 airplay and iTunes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 15:33:58 UTC 2012

On 11 August 2012 01:27, Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting.  I'm wondering:  is the ability to push pictures/slideshows from iOS devices fixed in 0.26 as well?  It's currently not functioning in 0.25.2, even though MythTV is reporting that it is emulating an AppleTV, my iPhone gives me the option and it is selectable on the phone.  It will say it is delivering it to MythTV, but it never goes on the screen.  Video with audio from something like Youtube is working perfectly though.

That feature isn't implemented.

While Myth is doing its best to emulate an Apple TV, there are a few
ATV services that only work if the device supports FairPlay DRM. As
FairPlay hasn't been cracked yet, no services relying on FairPlay will
work.

In 0.26, AirPlay video is now finally complete. There are two ways you
can stream video with AirPlay: either a straight link to the video
file, or using a HTTP Live Streaming stream. Mythtv 0.25 only
supported the first one. 0.26 now supports the seconds.

So you can use Myth with AirVideo client for example... Any
applications on iOS supporting AirPlay can be stream to a mythfrontend