[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Adrian Saul sgtbundy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 02:37:12 UTC 2012

>> For the other comments about watching live TV -
>> in this case unless we wait 3-4 hours for the recording
>> to finish we have to watch it live,

> Why wait? Myth will let you watch a recording still in-progress. You
> can start watching mere seconds after the recording starts
> (personally, I would rather wait 12 minutes or so, so I could
> commercial-skip).

Just to clarify, when I say I have live TV playback problems, I mean watching an in progress recording - I figure the only difference between this and LiveTV is how the recording is started.  Earlier in the thread people were suggesting to just record everything and watch it back later, but my point is that is not always desirable particularly with live events.  Typically we record everything through the scheduler anyway - its just with the Olmypics we can't sit around waiting for 4-6 hour recordings to finish to avoid these playback erroring issues.

Sorry about the out of thread reply, but struggling to switch from digest mode to subscription.