[mythtv-users] Dishnetwork Dual receivers

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 18 03:54:18 UTC 2011

On 07/17/2011 09:47 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 16:55:36 -0700, Dan Wilson wrote:
>> I've seen a couple of RF transmitters online, but have no experience as
>> to which ones will work well with the Dish receivers.
> Chances are there is no consumer RF transmitter you can purchase that
> would
> be able to communicate with the box. Your most likely bet is to tear open
> one of the remotes, and wire up an interface to simulate button presses
> through a serial port. You might want to ask on AVSForum. Some brief
> searching
> turns up several threads on the topic, but I haven't found one with an
> actual solution.

Not a recommendation--I have no idea if it even works as described--but:

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=263

One user on IRC ordered one when he found out the DIsh Duo only allowed
RF control for one tuner, but I haven't heard whether it worked for him
or not.

Or the DIY Raymond mentioned:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18965&sid=4be6a2657140b9f5cc2661246c22bd90
("A fair amount of soldering will be required.")

Mike