[mythtv-users] DVB-S locking problem

Mark Carbonaro mark.carbonaro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:52:45 UTC 2011

On 6 December 2011 22:36, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 10:23 +1100, Mark Carbonaro wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> So I went back to 2.6.39 and it seems to be tuning correctly, but Myth
>> is not able to fetch any data from dvr0.  So in the case of watching
>> live TV the frontend times out waiting for data and when recording the
>> file grows to about 370 bytes and that is it.
>>
>> Does anyone have some hints on how to troubleshoot this kind of issue?
>
> First have you done a recent re-scan and if so is the channel that you
> are tuning definitely on-air?
>
> It would be useful to see mythbackend.log from mythbackend -v record.
> If mythbackend is run as a daemon then to change the log level enter:
> mythbackend --setverbose record
>
> Next try enabling kernel frontend debug messages:
> sudo sh -c "echo 1 >/sys/module/dvb_core/parameters/frontend_debug"
>
> Then start mythbackend/frontend and try to tune to a known good channel.
> Note the current time and then enter:
> cat /var/log/kern.log
>
> Cut out the section of the log recorded while you were tuning.  If you
> post that here then maybe I can spot something.
>
> When you're done enter;
> sudo sh -c "echo 0 >/sys/module/dvb_core/parameters/frontend_debug"
>
> --
> Lawrence

Thanks for looking into this for me, please find attached the two log
outputs, the kernel log looks fairly uninteresting.

The mybackend.log is from the time i started the recording, until it
stopped producing output.  The recording is still going and recording
file does seem to be growing and there hasn't been anymore log output.
 I tried watching the recording, just get the timeout out waiting for
data error.

I tried to play the recording file with mplayer, got the follow output:
Playing 4008_20111207081400.mpg.
TS file format detected.
NO VIDEO! NO AUDIO!  SUB Teletext(pid=1086)
No stream found.

I hope this helps highlight the problem.

Thanks again,
Mark