[mythtv-users] DVB-S locking problem

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 12:21:56 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 19:52 +1100, Mark Carbonaro wrote:
> On 6 December 2011 22:36, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 10:23 +1100, Mark Carbonaro wrote:
> > [snip]
> >>
> >> Hi again,
> >>
> >> So I went back to 2.6.39 and it seems to be tuning correctly, but Myth
> >> is not able to fetch any data from dvr0.  So in the case of watching
> >> live TV the frontend times out waiting for data and when recording the
> >> file grows to about 370 bytes and that is it.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have some hints on how to troubleshoot this kind of issue?
> >
> > First have you done a recent re-scan and if so is the channel that you
> > are tuning definitely on-air?
> >
> > It would be useful to see mythbackend.log from mythbackend -v record.
> > If mythbackend is run as a daemon then to change the log level enter:
> > mythbackend --setverbose record
> >
> > Next try enabling kernel frontend debug messages:
> > sudo sh -c "echo 1 >/sys/module/dvb_core/parameters/frontend_debug"
> >
> > Then start mythbackend/frontend and try to tune to a known good channel.
> > Note the current time and then enter:
> > cat /var/log/kern.log
> >
> > Cut out the section of the log recorded while you were tuning.  If you
> > post that here then maybe I can spot something.
> >
> > When you're done enter;
> > sudo sh -c "echo 0 >/sys/module/dvb_core/parameters/frontend_debug"
> >
> > --
> > Lawrence
>
> Thanks for looking into this for me, please find attached the two log
> outputs, the kernel log looks fairly uninteresting.
>
> The mybackend.log is from the time i started the recording, until it
> stopped producing output.  The recording is still going and recording
> file does seem to be growing and there hasn't been anymore log output.
>  I tried watching the recording, just get the timeout out waiting for
> data error.
>
> I tried to play the recording file with mplayer, got the follow output:
> Playing 4008_20111207081400.mpg.
> TS file format detected.
> NO VIDEO! NO AUDIO!  SUB Teletext(pid=1086)
> No stream found.
>
> I hope this helps highlight the problem.

At 08:13:47.663 in the BE log, the PMT for the channel that you're
tuning shows that it's encrypted.  Since the TeVii S660 doesn't include
a CI slot then I assume that you're using some other form of decryption
- sasc-ng?  I'm aware that 'house rules' forbid further discussion here.
You should take up this problem with the decryption provider.

Everything else looks fine in the log, so your tuner is working OK.

--
Lawrence