[mythtv-users] DVB-S locking problem

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 11:36:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 10:23 +1100, Mark Carbonaro wrote:
[snip]

> Hi again,
>
> So I went back to 2.6.39 and it seems to be tuning correctly, but Myth
> is not able to fetch any data from dvr0.  So in the case of watching
> live TV the frontend times out waiting for data and when recording the
> file grows to about 370 bytes and that is it.
>
> Does anyone have some hints on how to troubleshoot this kind of issue?

First have you done a recent re-scan and if so is the channel that you
are tuning definitely on-air?

It would be useful to see mythbackend.log from mythbackend -v record.
If mythbackend is run as a daemon then to change the log level enter:
mythbackend --setverbose record

Next try enabling kernel frontend debug messages:
sudo sh -c "echo 1 >/sys/module/dvb_core/parameters/frontend_debug"

Then start mythbackend/frontend and try to tune to a known good channel.
Note the current time and then enter:
cat /var/log/kern.log

Cut out the section of the log recorded while you were tuning.  If you
post that here then maybe I can spot something.

When you're done enter;
sudo sh -c "echo 0 >/sys/module/dvb_core/parameters/frontend_debug"

--
Lawrence