[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Suggestions on what to try next?

Greg Hormann ghormann at alumni.indiana.edu
Mon Apr 11 02:13:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you really using the composite input?  The main reason to use the HD-PVR
> over other capture devices, is to get HD, and for HD you would need to be
> using the component input.

Apparently I screwed up some where along the way.  I ran the following
SQL, and noticed that there was a reference to Component.

mysql> select v.name, i.inputname, c.videodevice, c.audiodevice,
c.cardtype, defaultinput, signal_timeout from videosource v, cardinput
i, capturecard c where v.sourceid = i.sourceid and i.cardid =
c.cardid;
+---------------+-----------+-------------+-------------+-----------+--------------+----------------+
| name          | inputname | videodevice | audiodevice | cardtype  |
defaultinput | signal_timeout |
+---------------+-----------+-------------+-------------+-----------+--------------+----------------+
| OverTheAir    | MPEG2TS   | 10303DB5-0  | NULL        | HDHOMERUN |
MPEG2TS      |           1000 |
| OverTheAir    | MPEG2TS   | 10303DB5-0  | NULL        | HDHOMERUN |
MPEG2TS      |           1000 |
| OverTheAir    | MPEG2TS   | 10303DB5-0  | NULL        | HDHOMERUN |
MPEG2TS      |           1000 |
| OverTheAir    | MPEG2TS   | 10303DB5-1  | NULL        | HDHOMERUN |
MPEG2TS      |           1000 |
| OverTheAir    | MPEG2TS   | 10303DB5-1  | NULL        | HDHOMERUN |
MPEG2TS      |           1000 |
| HD TimeWarner | Composite | /dev/video0 | 0           | HDPVR     |
Component    |           1000 |
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

After deleting all the tuners, and adding back the hd-pvr, the sql
returned the expected results and recoding is working! Thank you.

Now I seem to have a problem with the HD-PVR locking up on channel
changes.  I think I've seen other postings saying others had problems
when using hd-pvr for blasting. I'll have to dig into that..

Greg.