[mythtv-users] Who has and does not have the 'playback of transcoded 5.1 very slow' problem?

Bryan Clingman bryan at clingman.org
Wed Oct 27 04:55:20 UTC 2010

Since about June I have been unable to transcode 5.1 recordings in my
Mythtv setup (Fedora 12, atrpms latest 0.23.1-240)

I have found several people who have the same issue:

(a few others that I can't find right now)

Each of these users has posted to the list but no responses.

The basic symptoms are that ATSC broadcasts in stereo transcode fine.
5.1 audio recordings will transcode, but playback is at about 1/3 speed.
If you play the recordings back in mplayer and speed it up to 3X, it's
fine.

So, can people identify their versions of mythtv and setups and either
confirm the bug, or provide information about setups that work?

--
Bryan Clingman