[mythtv-users] IPTV via Microsoft Mediaroom (Sasktel Max)

Eric Yanush eric_pwb at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 01:41:29 UTC 2010

>>> I get a sinking feeling that the good times are over with respect to
>>> Myth
>>> and my IPTV setup, and I'll have to go back to some sort of analog
>>> capture
>>> device :(
>>
>> They are? Well, crud. That's the first I've heard of it, though.

>Well, after reading up on MediaRoom as much as I've been able to find - it
>looks like it's standard IPTV but...encrypted. I'm hoping that the
>encryption is an option, and that Sasktel won't use it, but honestly, I
>don't hold out much hope on it.
>
>I guess it's time to start looking at what the other TV options around
>here are.
>
>Greg

I Have a MythTv setup with SaskTel Max in Regina as well, and I just got my new remotes today and the letter in that package said in the next week I will be getting the upgrade.
Guess it's time to plug the old moto box back in :(

Has anyone else gotten the upgrade, and know if MythTv still works?

Regardless, when my upgrade happens, I will let you all know what to scoop is.

Eric