[mythtv-users] Blue Abstract download

Per Lundberg perlun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 22:28:57 UTC 2010

Hi Robert,

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Robert Siebert <trebor_s at web.de> wrote:

> my internet provider had problems It was fixed saturday evening in germany.
> It should be fine now.

What is the license for this theme, is it free software - GPL? I am
considering using it in a (MythTV-related) project I am playing around
with... that's why I wonder. Just like "everyone else" :-) I really
like this theme. I think it should be the default in MythTV actually,
it looks much better than Terra or MythCenter - IMHO, of course...

I have made some minor changes to the theme to accommodate for the
call signs in the region where I live. The EPG listing left-hand
column was too narrow to fit channel names like "Gospel Channel
Europe", "Visjon Norge" or "BBC World News". Obviously, it probably
worked better for people with 4-letter callsigns (like in the US), but
for me, I needed more space.

The changes were made to a slightly old version of the theme. I might
be able to re-do them later on, but towards the "latest" version from
you.

As suggested by someone else - would you consider moving the hosting
over to Sourceforge or something like that? It's a little bit more
work when releasing new versions, but then again, it is much higher
availability of the releases.

You could even set it up in a VCS to be able to better handle revision
control of the theme. Sourceforge offers Subversion support AFAIK, but
I would recommend the more "modern" distributed VCS:es - like Git or
Mercurial. They are in my opinion nicer to work with, once you get
used to them.
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg