[mythtv-users] IPTV via Microsoft Mediaroom (Sasktel Max)

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 01:56:10 UTC 2010

On 26/11/2010 7:41 PM, Eric Yanush wrote:
> I Have a MythTv setup with SaskTel Max in Regina as well, and I just got
> my new remotes today and the letter in that package said in the next
> week I will be getting the upgrade.
> Guess it's time to plug the old moto box back in :(
>
> Has anyone else gotten the upgrade, and know if MythTv still works?
>
> Regardless, when my upgrade happens, I will let you all know what to
> scoop is.

I also got the pack, but according to their documentation the upgrade
won't take place for two weeks after you receive the remote(s).
Fortunately for us, our room-mate doesn't use the Myth box, running a
STB of his own, so he will get to know when the upgrade actually rolls
out. Unfortunately, that will be a 12-hour warning, so a little late to
make any major changes.

I have heard that several people in Saskatoon have already been
upgraded, and ISTR that at least one person on here is in S'toon on Max,
so IF he's been upgraded, and IF he has Myth working on New Max, and IF
he's still on this list, perhaps he can let us know how things are
working (or not) on the new system.