[mythtv-users] PCI-E Analog Card

Brent Norris brent at brentnorris.net
Sun Jan 24 14:35:46 UTC 2010

On 1/22/2010 5:52 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Friday 22 January 2010 04:33:09 pm Mark wrote:
>
>> Wow, that's gonna be a busy system.  If you truly need 10 analog
>> concurrent channels, go PVR-500's on a motherboard with 5 pci slots.
>> I'm not sure how many concurrent streams you can get over 133 Mbits
>> though.  Probably you'll be fine.

<snikp>

Yeah we aren't being cheap about it.  We have several hard drive
systems.  The box itself is a brand new dell server with onboard RAID.
We also have two other servers that will most likely be storage
backends.  It will be unlikely that there will be 10 streams going on at
any one time, but we are building big to cover the chance.  Plus we have
a company called Vbrick that is wanting to sell us a 10 channel system
for a lot of money, so I am specing a system of equal capacity.  Their
encoders don't change channels or anything so you have to have tuners in
front of them, and for that reason alone I am more interested in mythtv
to run it.

I can use an old server that has PCI slots, but this new deal server is
the one that was purchased for this project, so I would like to work
with it if I can.

Brent