[mythtv-users] HD-5500 audio with .24

trevan_myth at therichins.net trevan_myth at therichins.net
Sun Dec 5 19:09:43 UTC 2010

On 12/5/2010 12:14 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 5 December 2010 17:37, Trevan Richins <trevan_myth at therichins.net> wrote:
>> I've turned on pulseaudio.  I've set the audio device for the hd5500 in
>> the mythbackend setup to ALSA: default.  I've set the frontend to use
>> ALSA: Pulse (after scanning for audio devices).  I can now change
>> channels without problems but I don't get any sound.  I can watch any
>> old recording, but new ones don't have any sound.
> You must select ALSA:pulse as the audio device.
> If you set ALSA:default, as myth can't know which device it's pointing
> to, Pulse is suspended.
>
> If you use ALSA:pulse then it won't get suspended and you will get audio
>
> Alternativel, you can use PulseAudio:default if it's deteced
>
> I would appreciate if you could try using OSS again and provide a
> backtrace of the crash so we can identify the problem and fix it.
>
> JY

I've set the mythbackend to be ALSA:pulse and the mythfrontend to be
ALSA:pulse.  I still don't get any sound from Live TV.  Can mythbackend
read from pulseaudio?

I have noticed that on bootup, the sox command doesn't output any sound
until I modify a few settings.  I've restarted mythbackend once the sox
command works and still no sound.

I normally use the OSS one since I get sound (I just don't use LiveTV).
So, I'll try to get a backtrace.  I'm guessing that will involve
compiling mythbackend myself.

Trevan