[mythtv-users] HD-5500 audio with .24

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 07:14:26 UTC 2010

Hi

On 5 December 2010 17:37, Trevan Richins <trevan_myth at therichins.net> wrote:
> I've turned on pulseaudio.  I've set the audio device for the hd5500 in
> the mythbackend setup to ALSA: default.  I've set the frontend to use
> ALSA: Pulse (after scanning for audio devices).  I can now change
> channels without problems but I don't get any sound.  I can watch any
> old recording, but new ones don't have any sound.

You must select ALSA:pulse as the audio device.
If you set ALSA:default, as myth can't know which device it's pointing
to, Pulse is suspended.

If you use ALSA:pulse then it won't get suspended and you will get audio

Alternativel, you can use PulseAudio:default if it's deteced

I would appreciate if you could try using OSS again and provide a
backtrace of the crash so we can identify the problem and fix it.

JY