[mythtv-users] HD-5500 audio with .24

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 23:47:35 UTC 2010

Hi

On 6 December 2010 06:09,  <trevan_myth at therichins.net> wrote:
> I've set the mythbackend to be ALSA:pulse and the mythfrontend to be
> ALSA:pulse.  I still don't get any sound from Live TV.  Can mythbackend
> read from pulseaudio?

I don't know what you are referring to with audio and mythbackend.
audio is used for playback, and is in mythfrontend only.

I don't even know how you can configure audio output in mythbackend..

> I have noticed that on bootup, the sox command doesn't output any sound
> until I modify a few settings.  I've restarted mythbackend once the sox
> command works and still no sound.

I don't know what sox is

> I normally use the OSS one since I get sound (I just don't use LiveTV).
> So, I'll try to get a backtrace.  I'm guessing that will involve
> compiling mythbackend myself.

backtrace is used when you have a crash.. if you don't have an actual
crash, you won't get a backtrace.

If OSS works for you for playing recordings , so you should in LiveTV,
cause there's effectively no difference between playing a recording or
livetv ; one and the same when it comes to the video/audio player