[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

David Scammell davescammell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:59:35 UTC 2009

I had self built current backend binaries at xmas time last yeat and
had forgotten about the bug where by the uk channel numbers (1-800~)
were not correctly re-scanned and so ended up with a lot of channels
with 5 digit numbers, not at all like the freeview box/listings and
quite icky.

A bug fix was applied to fixes early this year. Switching back to the
debian multimedia repo and doing an install (switched
/etc/apt/sources.list to the testing release temporarily) of the myth
packages reinstalled an august fixes 'release' in a jiffy.

The rescan was easy after this, later I noticed that the db seems to
have lost my (rather lax) subnet (lack of) security settings, but soon
fixed with a:

mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified
by "mythtv";