[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:23:59 UTC 2009

2009/9/30 Andy Burns <mythtv.lists at burns.me.uk>:
> 2009/9/30 Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com>:
>
>> Crystal Palace switched about 10:45 this morning.
>
> I was quite surprised that a re-scan of existing transports didn't do
> anything, but that a full scan from scratch was required, did all
> transports get assigned new ID numbers as well as the few channels
> shifting muxes?

No

But I've found in the past myth can get a little 'confused' when it
gets a new channel allocated to a location with an existing channel.

I'd suggest both you and Mike delete your existing channels first
before doing a full rescan (actually you should only need to scan
existing transports).

The whole process can take up to 30 minutes so allow an hour in case
you get any problems.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR DATABASE FIRST

Have fun