[mythtv-users] BBC HD recorded show length wrong in mythfrontend

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sat Sep 12 09:14:01 UTC 2009

Hi all,

It seems that my BBC HD recordings are reporting incorrect lengths again
in mythtv.  (straight record and then playback in mythfrontend).

I recorded a 30 min show last night and when I went to play it, it said
it was an hour.  As it played, time passed as normal - i.e. after 30
mins actual time, 30 mins had passed on the progress bar and the
programme was over.  But when I went to seek in the recording I had to
seek to (eg) 40mins on the progress bar to get 20 mins into the show.

I've had this before (ages ago) and I think there was a patch to fix it
and it's been fine for a long time now.

Is anyone seeing this?  or is it just me?

I noticed in another sillyname's thread about transcoding that they've
recently changed something in the format and was wondering if this might
be the cause.

Other than that I recently recompiled my whole system (gentoo) and I'm
wondering if that has broken something.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks,
Robert.