[mythtv-users] Difference between numeric keypad numbers and normal keyboard numbers

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:58:28 UTC 2009

Fellow MythTV addicts:

I have really missed the use of the 3/9 keys for page-up and page-down in
many of the menus.  It used to work when I was running Ubuntu Edgy but since
upgrading to Jaunty, alas, they are ignored.  I noticed that the keybindings
still exist for these keys, but I have been unable to make them work from my
(Hauppauge) remote.

Doing some experimenting with my keyboard I found that using the 3 and 9
keys on the numeric keypad were, indeed, translated as page-up and
page-down; however, using the 3 and 9 keys above the qwerty keys were
ignored.  Is there something in the lircrc file that differentiates between
the two sets of numeric keys?  Do other people have the same problem using
the 3/9 keys from their remote?

-- Ken E.