[mythtv-users] How do you use the commercial skipping function?

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 23:54:41 UTC 2009

It seems to me that there are various ways to skip commercials once they are flagged.

Just wondering how others are using the function.

So far I have:

Play the recording, go into edit mode (E on the keyboard - or use the menu) then Z to load the commercials breaks, etc to return to play mode.
    This seems a bit cumbersome and also from a remote I have to setup a button to map to Z to load the breaks as I couldn't find any other way to laod the         breaks.
    But it has the advantage of once done, whenever the recording is played the commercials are skipped.

Play the recording, go into menu, choose - notify for commercial skipping and when the notification comes on screen push the button to skip to the end of the commercial break.
    Is there a way to make this a default for all recordings so I don't have to choose it every time I play a recording?

Is anyone using other methods regularly, successfully and with high WAF?