[mythtv-users] Configuring MythTV on Fedora 11

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:10:54 UTC 2009

> Tzap does not seem to want to run for me, but when I run scandvb
> uk-WinterHill I do get some output like this:-
> BBC
> ONE:754166670:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_3_4:QAM_16:TRANSMIS
> SION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:600:601:4168
>
> Is this what I should expect?

That looks good (assuming it's coming from your card and not from
scandvb's config file).

That's the information I used to do a manual dvb channel scan.  I'm
not at my machine now and I can't really remember but one of the
scanning options lets you manually enter values for some of the
parameters, such as Frequency, Guard Interval, Transmission mode etc.

Apart from the freqency (which in your case is 754166670) most of the
answers are multiple choice, and it was pretty easy to work out from
the dvbscan output what to  enter.  Enter as many fields and start the
scan, hopefully it will find all the channels on that multiplex at
least.