[mythtv-users] Configuring MythTV on Fedora 11

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:31:30 UTC 2009

On 07/09/2009, Chris Jones <chris at mollingtonconsultants.com> wrote:

> Tzap does not seem to want to run for me, but when I run scandvb

tzap requires a valid channels.conf file (usually in ~/.tzap/) in
order to run. It tunes the DVB device to a desired channel. You
usually need to use dvbscan in order to generate this file.

>  uk-WinterHill I do get some output like this:-
>  BBC
>  ONE:754166670:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_3_4:QAM_16:TRANSMIS
>  SION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:600:601:4168
>
>  Is this what I should expect?

That looks good - you should get about 85 channels or so on a full
DVB-T scan in the UK.

# lsmod | fgrep "dvb"

and

# dmesg | fgrep "dvb"

will show which DVB modules are loaded and their corresponding log
messages when loaded, respectively.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott