[mythtv-users] Configuring MythTV on Fedora 11

Chris Jones chris at mollingtonconsultants.com
Mon Sep 7 13:16:42 UTC 2009

[|] Here is the listing of the drivers in /dev/dvb/adaptor0
total 0
crw-rw----+ 1 chris_jones root 212, 1 2009-09-07 11:42 demux0
crw-rw----+ 1 chris_jones root 212, 2 2009-09-07 11:42 dvr0
crw-rw----+ 1 chris_jones root 212, 0 2009-09-07 11:42 frontend0
crw-rw----+ 1 chris_jones root 212, 3 2009-09-07 11:42 net0

There are no other subdirectories in /dev/dvb

> To get around the permission issue run tzap as root, and make sure
> that mythbackend isn't running, otherwise it will grab the dvb
> devices.

Tzap does not seem to want to run for me, but when I run scandvb
uk-WinterHill I do get some output like this:-
BBC
ONE:754166670:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_3_4:QAM_16:TRANSMIS
SION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:600:601:4168

Is this what I should expect?
--
Chris Jones