[mythtv-users] Combining Multiple Sources

James McCalden james at mccalden.com
Wed May 27 15:55:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm based in the UK and have a freesat satellite tuner as well as a
dual digital freeview tuner in a backend server and a small silent
frontend only box.

The tuners work fine but the channels appear twice, once for each
source. Ideally I'd like to have a single entry for each channel and
then have Myth play/record from the highest quality available source.
Is this possible?

I found a few pages that suggested setting the same channel number for
the channel from each source, so setting BBC1 freeview and BBC1
freesat to 101 for example. Unfortunately that just seemed to confuse
everything and I was unable to tune any channels at all. Does anyone
else do something similar? Is there a suggested way of running this
sort of setup?

Thanks,

James