[mythtv-users] Combining Multiple Sources

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Wed May 27 16:47:31 UTC 2009

I tried the same, being like yourself in the UK but with the added
complication of having a Freeview and Freesat card and had the same
results. As I use the Radio Times grabber for listings I made sure
that the XMLTV ID's and callsigns where identical for both cards. With
that enabled, what should then happen is that the scheduler treats all
of the channels the same, I say should because it doesn't work
seamlessly for myself as I'll be watching live TV on the Freeview card
with a recording scheduled to start on the Freesat card and I'll get
prompted to change channel or drop to the menu. Likewise with
conflicting recordings, even though there is another tuner available.

There was a thread awhile back that was quite useful at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/375444 take a look
in the wiki here http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments
which I'm sure you will find useful,  I created the same script for
myself before that became available. There was another chap that did a
nice UK specific piece on setting up multiple tuners but I can not for
the life of me remember where it was now.

Rafael.