[mythtv-users] mythtv + nfs = bad?

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Wed May 6 18:48:57 UTC 2009

> I have had similar issues (I think) -- I have my store drive for recordings on my network server which is connected to my mythbox via NFS.  What I have noted is that the NFS share will *hang* at some random time causing myth to hang...  If I go into the media server and restart the NFS kernel everything works again.  However, on my main box -- those NFS shares are still avaialble (before restarting the NFS kernel).  Really don't have a clue on how to troubleshoot that -- so I am following your efforts closely :}
>
> Nasa

Is this on Mythbuntu? My MBE is mythbuntu and its nfs server randomly
drops connection. The network is up because I can ssh in and restart
NFS. When this happens it hangs my FE. NFS from my main desktop is
unaffected. It seems to happen when mythfilldatabase is running (which
often segfaults). I just switched my FE to stream from the backend
instead of by NFS to see it improves my situation.

Cheers,
James