[mythtv-users] mythtv + nfs = bad?

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Wed May 6 18:28:20 UTC 2009

----- "Torbjörn Jansson" <torbjorn.jansson at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/5/5 Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at gmail.com>:
> > found the setting, was under playback.
> > when you enable this setting it doesn't take effect immediately,
> > frontend needs to be restarted for it to work.
> > once checked, playback is smooth and i don't need to dismount the
> nfs share.
>
> i think i spoke too soon, the problem is back even with this setting.
> but i did find something odd and i have a feeling this problem is not
> nfs related.
>
> today when trying to watch recordings i go the stuttering video
> problem agan.
> but when i open iptraf and open detailed interface statistics for
> eth0
> the problem is gone as long as that screen is up and running.
> explain that :-)
>
> immediately when i close the details interface stats the stuttering
> comes back and goes away when i start it again.
Hi,

I have had similar issues (I think) -- I have my store drive for recordings on my network server which is connected to my mythbox via NFS.  What I have noted is that the NFS share will *hang* at some random time causing myth to hang...  If I go into the media server and restart the NFS kernel everything works again.  However, on my main box -- those NFS shares are still avaialble (before restarting the NFS kernel).  Really don't have a clue on how to troubleshoot that -- so I am following your efforts closely :}

Nasa