[mythtv-users] h.264 playback issues

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri May 1 18:21:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 09:54 +1000, Owen Townend wrote:

> Something I read in a previous thread may help solve this:
> add the triple buffering[0] option to your xorg.conf
>
> R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>, 30 April 2009 12:54
> > 2) Add  'Option "TripleBuffer" "true" to the Device section of your
> > xorg.conf file.

Thanks! I'll give that a try tonight.

I still don't know what's causing the jump back problem, but I do see
this message repeated in the mythfrontend log over and over and over and
over and.. well, you get the idea. Many gigs of this, while watching an
h.264 recording:

2009-04-30 21:47:30.704 [h264_vdpau @ 0x7f9fee431300]B picture before
any references, skipping
2009-04-30 21:47:30.704 [h264_vdpau @ 0x7f9fee431300]decode_slice_header
error
2009-04-30 21:47:30.705 [h264_vdpau @ 0x7f9fee431300]no frame!
2009-04-30 21:47:30.705 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error

Can somebody translate this for me?

TIA.

--Greg