[mythtv-users] Adding HVR-1600 to working PVR-500 mythtv setup-> no NTSC signal on HVR-1600 & ATSC guide info missing(comcast Mountain View, CA)

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Fri May 1 21:01:40 UTC 2009

Matt Beadon wrote:
>> I'm really starting to think that this different model # is the key
>> to my problems since I have:
>> tveeprom 1-0050: Hauppauge model 74591, rev C1A4, serial#
>>
>> and everything I've found online has been like yours:
>> tveeprom 5-0050: Hauppauge model 74041, rev C6B2, serial# xxxxxxx
>>
>> Looks like I should have spent more time b4 bidding on ebay.  :)

Maybe, maybe not.  I'm running an HVR-1600, and it shows up as model #
78521, rev C1E9.  Workin' just fine on Ubuntu Jaunty, no tricks whatsoever
needed.  (Plug in and GO.)

(Hey, maybe you want to download the ubuntu jaunty liveCD, and see if it
picks up your hvr-1600 in dmesg?  That's a quickie way to figure out if it's
a driver problem or....  something else.)