[mythtv-users] Current State of Unichrome Pro drivers ? "Thin Clients" as F/Es

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 10 23:07:44 UTC 2009

For a non-Myth project, I'm replacing a Compaq Evo T20 thin client with this:

http://www.thinlabs.com/thinlabs/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37&Itemid=62#twoj_fragment1-3

Looking at the specs, I was wondering if the machine would make a decent Myth
frontend (probably SD only). Can the Unichrome Pro do XVmC?

It's certainly not an ION platform, but since I'm going to have it around the
house anyway... I'm not generally a fan of the VIA CPUs, but for what I need
it for it will be total overkill (a real thin client to attach to an RDP
server).

Funny, a 1 Ghz. CPU and 1GB of RAM used to be called a "high performance"
machine, now it's a "thin client". I guess things change.

I'm told this unit now ships with 2GB of flash, certainly plenty for an OS and
a F/E.

There is also this unit, with an integrated 19" screen:

http://www.thinlabs.com/thinlabs/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35&Itemid=60#twoj_fragment1-3

This has Intel graphics, and also might make a nice F/E.

Though I guess the ION units will start to upstage all of this sort of
machine.

--
beww
beww at beww.org