[mythtv-users] OT: WAS - Working last.fm ripper/recorder? Meant to say command line player?

William william_munson at comcast.net
Mon Jul 13 21:28:47 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> There may be a big collection of video and audiophiles here, but
> there's also a large collection of people who do not condone violating
> terms and conditions of services, let alone copyright infringement.
>
> I'm assuming you didn't realize that ripping/recording last.fm content
> was prohibited.  However, if you do plan to violate these terms,
> please do not mention doing so here (see
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Anything_else_I_should_be_aware_of.3F
> topic 5), and find some other place to discuss how to do so.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Sorry Mike, I realized later that night that I dont need to record the
programming only stream it to a sound card or other network device with
a command line player. I want this to run in the background without
displaying a gui and be controllable like you currently do a standard
client or via command line. I want to create a page in the myth menus to
allow me to control it via the 10 foot interface (tv). Anyone know of a
cli player that is working now with the new protocol?

William