[mythtv-users] Analog TV NTSC problem

icoslau icoslau at uol.com.br
Mon Jul 13 01:25:01 UTC 2009

Hy,

i try search in list for same problem with no results.

I install MythTv and all plugins on OpenSuSe 11.1 from repo of distribution.

My capture card is Pinnacle PCTV. Work great with kdetv, tvtime, xawtv, mplayer and ffmpeg.

I look for software that can show me tv on master cpu and streaming tv in lan to my notebook. The MythTv is my solution.

But i have one problem. My televison signal come from SKY decoder box by s-video cable.

On any software, kdetc, tvtime and others, image is pretty fine but on MythTv is black and white with some disturbed lines.

I know the system is NTSC, i know that, tvtime and others function on this tv system.

Why MythTv wont work in this config.

Any other tv system pal-m, secam and others has much poor image.

I discover one interesting thing. With mythfrontend -> whatchtv open, in ntsc system i start tvtime.

Tvtime started with a blue image (the card stay tunned for mythtv, tvtime can show nothing), but for my surprise, after 2 seconds, the mythtv image change to normal display.

Color are right, no disturbed lines. All is right. I close tvtime, and image still right.

But if i close and start mythfronted for watch tv again, image back to wrong display.

What problem with my config?

Tks a lot for any help.

Some info:

OpenSuse 11.1

Kernel 2.6.27.23-0.1-pae

Video4linux2 driver 'bttv', card 'BT878 video (Pinnacle PCTV Studio)'

tvtime  1.0.2

Mythtv 0.21-25 - Config is set to NTSC

Tv - NTSC system from s-video or Composite