[mythtv-users] OT: Working last.fm ripper/recorder?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 13 04:25:00 UTC 2009

On 07/12/2009 05:46 PM, William wrote:
> Sorry for the off topic noise however this is the biggest collection
> of video and audiophiles I know of and it going to be used on my myth
> box if thats an excuse :)
>
> Anyways, does anyone know of a working last.fm ripper/recorder. Since
> their switch to protocol 1.2 all of the standards I have tried have
> failed so its time to ask the experts. Thoughts? Ideas? I would prefer
> to stick with linux solutions. I have toyed with writing my own since
> I have the 1.2 spec and have been thinking about a project to keep me
> busy but why reinvent the wheel if I dont have to.

There may be a big collection of video and audiophiles here, but there's
also a large collection of people who do not condone violating terms and
conditions of services, let alone copyright infringement.

I'm assuming you didn't realize that ripping/recording last.fm content
was prohibited.  However, if you do plan to violate these terms, please
do not mention doing so here (see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Anything_else_I_should_be_aware_of.3F
topic 5), and find some other place to discuss how to do so.

Thanks,
Mike