[mythtv-users] Wierd blur/corruption at the bottom when playing video

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 23:39:30 UTC 2009

2009/1/20 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:
> I now wonder if the issue mentioned earlier isn't due to some of the
> OpenGL patches backported from mythtv-vid branch
> (found there: http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall/)

Are you using some of those patches or a clean version of 0.21? As you
know, a lot has changed with the OpenGL renderer in recent times and
I'd suggest the only useful way of debugging this is to work with a
clean version of trunk (which hopefully has fixed it anyway!).

> I would have expected the 8600GT be fast enough...
> Mind you, this issue only shows up when playing a divx file of very
> poor resolution. Under this setup, I have no problem watching a H264
> 1920x1080p video ...
> So I doubt it's the video card not being powerful enough...

8600GT should be fine for most stuff - probably the only thing it
won't cope with is hw yadif on HD material.

Regards

Mark